Friday, April 1, 2011

cookies


I used to make these cookies years ago.  I made them today because I did not have any butter. Butter costs more money and is a bad fat, tasty , but BAD.

These cookies are made with canola oil,  which is a healthy oil.  It has the calories, but not the bad fat.
I made chocolate chip cookies, but the recipe was a cinnamon raisin recipe.  You know me, I seldom use a recipe let alone follow it correctly.

Canola oil Cookies
dry ingredients:  1c. flour, 3 c. quick oats, 1 tsp. soda, 1/2 tsp. salt (you may want to add more salt because oil does not have salt like butter ), 1 tsp.cinnamon (if using raisins),1/2 c. raisins, or 1/2 c.chocolate chips
wet ingredients:  1/2 c. oil , 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 c. brown sugar (cream well),  combine together all ingredients.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes at least 24 good sized cookies.
The cookie dough has a different consistency,  I did a test cookie first, to see if more flour was needed.  The dough was fine, but the cookie stuck a bit to the pan, so I did a quick touch of cooking spray where the cookies would be on the pan.

  Aubrey really liked them.  Kendal will be so happy to know that I will probably make this recipe a bit more.  I love the 3c. of oatmeal, 1/2 c. of  fat and only 1 cup of total sweetener.  The Cowboy Cookie recipe we have been using lately has 1 cup fat and 2 c. sugar--but it is yummy!
Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookies are my favorite cookie, but not many others in the family feel the same, but maybe I will make 1/2 a batch sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment