Monday, October 4, 2010

a great Conference





Dad and I had a great time attending the Saturday afternoon session of Conference.  We got 4 tickets but the kids did not want to go with us, I encouraged them as much as I could, but they wanted to stay at the house with grandma.  Kendal said he did not enjoy all the people and there sure were a lot of people EVERYWHERE.   We gave our two extra tickets to some college age girls.  I found out there are people who try to go to all the sessions of conference.   Our Stake was aloted 60 tickets and David said his Ward got 2 tickets to be given out. 
We left to catch the train right after the morning session.  We had a lunch packed that we ate in the shade by some gorgeous flowers.  The lines to purchase any food were extremely long.  The lines to get in to the Conference Center looked very long, but  moved quite well and we were sitting in our seats about 25 minutes before the meeting.  We were in the balcony area.  Kendal said he did not like the protesters either and there were some of those also.  I felt sorry for them.  There were groups of missionaries singing hymns and playing musical instruments--a very good idea to, as peacefully as possible, off set the negative preaching.
It is so nice to live this close to Salt Lake.  Grandma is doing well and she enjoys hearing about how you all are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment