Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kendals Malad Dragons Football game

The game is starting.  The officials and team captains are out doing "whatever it is they do" to get the games on it's way.  The evening was not cold and the sun was still very much round at 7 pm.  It gets dark here later than anywhere I have ever lived.  It is barely starting to get dark  by 9 pm.  Good ol' daylight savings time.

Kendal is saluting the flag and getting a drink of water.  Oh, Kendal is # 19.


I took this picture of the whole scene.  Kendal is on the sidelines.  A beautiful rainbow is in the sky.  It was amazing.


For a while there was a double rainbow.  Kendal is playing.  He goes in and out a lot.  Kendal played offense the entire game.  We played Marsh Valley, a school that is bigger, and ranked higher, 3A,  4A, I don't pay much attention to all that but:  We play Marsh Valley because they are close by, but they are not in our district.  Usually Marsh Valley beats us and at times it has been a bad beating--but we won the game 28 to 6--sorry I did not get the score in a photo--they took down the digits very fast, poof! the scoreboard was turned off.  

Aubrey won a t-shirt from the cheerleaders.  It was a very interesting game.  Plenty of running the ball exciting lengthy bursts, and enough passing to ooh and aah about.  I don't know all that much about the game of football, but I am catching on.  Our team did great on defense, March Valley had more players to sub in and bigger too.  There were plenty of yellow flags on plays--Kendal said they played plenty dirty.  We got a few penalties also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment